The 8th Congressional District Democratic Party (8th CD), to which all Door Dems belong automatically , holds its annual convention on a Saturday each April. It is attended by 70 or more delegates and alternates (and their guests) elected by 10 county parties.
The business of the 8th CD Annual Convention includes:
- Speeches by Officials and Prominent Guests
- Election of District Officers (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary)
- Elections of Delegates to Platform and Resolutions Committee
- Resolutions Debate
- 30 to 40 resolutions submitted by local parties are discussed, evaluated, edited and ranked.
- About 10 of the best resolutions are forwarded to the Platform and Resolutions Committee for consideration at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin (DPW) Convention
DPW is divided into eight districts that coincide with U.S. Congressional District boundaries. Door County is in Wisconsin’s 8th Congressional District along with the counties of Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Shawano, Kewaunee, Brown, Outagamie, Waupaca, Calumet, and a portion of Winnebago.