DPDC EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING MINUTES—Thurs., May 8, 2014
PRESENT: Garrett Cohn, Bill Perloff, Rod Bohn, John Franz, John Harris, Mary Horn, Ron Maclean, Naomi Rowley
ABSENT: Sam Carmen, Dean Hoegger (Note: Valerie Boyarski resigned; Terry Bobbe resigned (?); Wayne Kudick & Allin Walker on leave.)
Chair called meeting to order at 6:18 PM
Chair declared a quorum was present.
Motion: (Bill/John) approve agenda; carried unanimously.
Motion: (Rod/Ron) approve Minutes of March 13 as distributed; carried unanimously. (Note: no board meeting in April.)
Treasurer’s Report received from John: balance of $1646.00.
Budget Report (DPDC Cash Flow and Variance from Budget-April 2014)—Bill
Distributed by email, No action by board regarding it. Recent expenditures include 3 used computers for around $700.00; 4 phones now back; Discussion of current uncertainty regarding rent allotment from DPW
Current membership 150
- Date is now Wed., June 4
- Kaye books retail for $28.95; we can purchase for $12.71 and sell for $20.00 with full return permitted
- No silent auction this year
- Motion: (Ron/John) Garrett and Naomi to make final arrangements with Door County Fire House regarding the menu & cost. Board will bring bars for dessert.
- Motion: (Garrett/Ron) approve $250.00 for deposit with Door County Fire House
- Publicity: immediate email blast by Bill to all DoorDems and other potentially interested individuals as well as newspapers, etc.
Future General Membership Meetings:
- Garrett will solidify arrangements with Dean DeBroux & Ron Gruett for either May 22, June 26 or July 24. Also finalize arrangements for Mary Burke.
- Picnic scheduled for Thursday, July 24 at 5:30. Naomi to secure Sawyer Park.
CD 8 Report: 53 attended; primarily the “more mature” group; not young people
- Allin may be returning to Board pending nature of duties with DeBroux campaign
- Replacements for Valerie discussed.
- Garrett will clarify with Terry her status.
Media Update—launch first week of June
Motion: (Rod/John) adjournment 8:08 PM; carried unanimously
Naomi Rowley, secretary pro tem