DPDC EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING MINUTES—Thurs., February 13, 2014
PRESENT: Garrett Cohn, John Franz, Dean Hoegger, Naomi Rowley; Ron Maclean arrived later
ABSENT: Terry Bobbe, Valerie Boyarski, Rod Bohn, Sam Carmen, John Harris, Mary Horn, Wayne Kudick, Bill Perloff, Allin Walker
Chair called meeting to order at 6:08 PM
Chair declared 4 members constituted a quorum out of 7 active members due to leaves-of-absence for Terry Bobbe, Sam Carmen, John Harris, Mary Horn, Wayne Kudick and Allin Walker. Chair reported Valerie Boyarski resigned earlier in the day.
Ron Maclean arrived late increasing active members present to 5.
Motion: (Dean/John) add to New Business leaves of absence; filling board vacancies
Motion: (Ron/Dean) approve minutes as distributed; carried unanimously
Motion: (Dean/Ron) accept treasurer’s report presented by John: $2721.00 less $240.00 (membership dues) to DPW; balance of $2480.00; carried unanimously
Motion; (Dean/Ron) In Bill’s absence, accept approximate current membership estimate from John of 174. Carried unanimously.
Update on lst Assembly District Candidates
- Motion: (Dean/Ron) to call for Wayne’s resignation since he’ll be campaign manager for candidate Joe Majeski for lst Assembly District primary to avoid a potential conflict of interest with the Board’s requirement to be impartial toward candidates in a primary election.
- Motion: (John) to table the motion.
- Garrett requested to ask DPW for advice and best practice regarding impartiality of the board when multiple candidates are in a primary election.
3W Media Report—Garrett
- Wording changed from Bies to Wisconsin Republicans
- Ready later in February
New Program Chair
- due to Wayne’ leave-of-absence Ron to pursue possibility of Dennis Skahen
Draft DPDC Budget 2014-prepared by Bill
- motion: (Ron/Dean) approve budget draft as presented subject to necessary future adjustments; carried unanimously
Thomas Paine Dinner
- potential site change to Ladder House; accommodates 100+
- potential speaker: Tammy Baldwin
- potential sites: Sunset, Sawyer, etc.
- potential speaker: Mary Burke
- discussion regarding expansion of materials on website for limited viewership; constitution, minutes and reports after approved by board
Business Deferred to Next Meeting
- filling board vacancies (Valerie’s resignation)
Motion: (John/Dean) adjournment approximately 8:00 PM; carried unanimously
Naomi Rowley, secretary pro tem