Democratic Party of Door County Board Meeting Minutes, March 14, 2013
Board members Present: Garrett Cohn, Wayne Kudick, Dean Hoegger, John Franz, Mary Horn, Naomi Rowley, Rod Bohn, Ron McLean, Valerie Boyanrski, Allin Walker.
Prior to the Board meeting, Joe Krebsbach, Director of Door County Human Services gave a presentation on the effects of the state’s administration of Family Care on Door County.
Meeting called to order at 7:18 PM at Door County Library
1. Motion to approve February minutes made, seconded, and approved.
2. Treasurer’s report: balance on hand $3237.58.
3. April 13, 8th CD was discussed, which will be held in Marinette. Bill Perloff needs to send out the information/registration to all board members. At this time, it appears that only Bill will be attending.
4. Ed Fallone. 19 people are making phone calls to reach about 2,000 voters (5,000 would be ideal) to get out the vote and encourage people to attend the March 28 Fallone talk.
5. Allin shared the ads for Fallone that will be in the Pulse, Kewaunee Star, and Door County Advocate. Valarie suggested we make a flyer for handout.
Other interested Board members are invited to participate in the committees/task forces in the following 2 motions.
6. Wayne Kudick expressed a need for a Party orientation for new members. He stated we should have a mission and vision statement. We need to do more with getting the Democrats’ message out and have a strategic planning session. A motion was made by Wayne to have a meeting with Brett Bicoy to plan the process for a having strategic planning event, for Board approval. Motion seconded by Ron. Motion passes, all in favor. Ron, Barb Luhring, and Brett would be members of the committee.
7. Allin made a motion to set up a task force for developing a plan to promote the state funded Family Care for Door County and the other counties in the District. Motion seconded and passed, all in favor. Rod, Garrett, Wayne, and Allin to be on the task force.
Motion to adjourn at 8:00 p.m.
Recorded by Dean Hoegger