Call it a classic boondoggle, a catch 22, or a legal conundrum – it is an outrage. It happened at Wisconsin’s highest legal level and now YOU are the only ones that can do anything about it. It happened like this:
- Elected official is accused of violating the law.
- Investigators concurred and filed a complaint to a jury panel for disposition.
- Accused convinces some of the witnesses to recuse themselves.
- Witnesses are also prospective jury members
- Jury is now without a quorum and does not act.
- There is no official higher authority to hear the case.
- Accused is not required to officially answer the allegations nor refute them.
- Was justice circumvented? Who knows. We can only suspect.